The Planning department is essentially responsible for functions associated with planning applications and development controls.
Ensure that all applications are processed in an efficient and timely manner having regard to the statutory determination period.
- Ensure that use or development is in conformity with the Kingborough Planning Scheme 2000, Planning Legislation, State Policies, the "State of the Environment Report" and all other relevant legislation.
- Undertake statutory enforcement and prosecute breaches of planning permits and the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993.
- Provide a quality service that matches the community and Council expectations with the requirements of the development industry.
- Provide a comprehensive range of advice on all existing and proposed development in the Municipality.
- Provide an informal mediation service in cases where disputes arise over planning matters.
- Monitor and review the Kingborough Planning Scheme to ensure consistency with legislative requirements and community expectations.