The TechCollect program has arrived at the Barretta Waste Management Facility.
It is a free national recycling service for computers, computer accessories and TVs. Items which have re-sale potential will be refurbished and sold, with all other devices recycled and dismantled into their components. Over 95% of plastics, metals and glass are recovered and recycled through this process.
The e-waste collection point can be found near the recycling area.
The following products are accepted by the scheme.
- Personal and laptop computers and all cables
- Tablets, notebooks and palmtops
- Computer monitors and parts (e.g. internal hard drives and CD drives)
- Computer peripherals and accessories (e.g. mice, keyboards, web cameras, USBs and modems)
- Printers, faxes, scanners and multi-functional devices
- All televisions
The scheme is industry funded by a levy paid by the companies who manufacture or import the products.
Visit the Kingborough Waste Services website for more information on opening hours and services.