- The asphalt crew will be carrying out minor repairs on Roslyn Avenue and Howden Road. They will also be carrying out repairs to a section of the walking track in the Dru Point Reserve area.
- Pipe upgrades continue on Devlyns Road in preparation for the gravel road resheeting work coming up.
- There will be maintenance grading carried out on Fehres, Halls Track and Andersons roads.
- Drain clearing works will be carried out on O’Briens and Talbots roads.
- Council’s contractor, Downer EDI, continues the reseal work this week in the Kingston and Blackmans Bay areas.
- All of Council’s bridges will be inspected by a consultant and a Council crew member over the next couple of weeks. This is a part of our regular, major inspection program for bridges.
- Street sweeping will occur in various streets in the Taroona this week.
- The Bruny Island crew will be grading Lighthouse and Cloudy Bay roads, as well as repairing potholes in various areas
- The tracks crew will be carrying out inspections on various tracks. They will also be extending the fence on the Whitewater Creek track at the Whitewater Crescent overpass.
- Replacement trees for the Snug Bush Fire Memorial have been planted to replace the ones that were vandalised last year. Trees guards will be installed this week
- There will be some minor fence repairs in the Snug Beach reserve area.
- A section of wire mesh fence at the Kettering playground is to be replaced with a paling fence to reduce the amount soft fall being blown away.
- Contractors have been engaged to carry out tree trimming on Old Station and Sandfly roads.
- There will be a concrete slab cast for the one of the timber seat/tables in Adventure Bay. This is being done to replace the uneven pavers.
Please take care if passing and follow any traffic management controls. We thank you for your patience while we carry out this work.
For more information regarding ongoing and larger projects, visit www.kingborough.tas.gov.au/works