Keep up to date on the current bushfires/road closures by:
- Listening to ABC Radio Hobart on 936AM or online here
- Keeping an eye on the Tas Fire website at www.fire.tas.gov.au
- Checking the TasAlert website at www.alert.tas.gov.au
- Following the Tas Fire facebook page searching for @TasmaniaFireService or at www.facebook.com/TasmaniaFireService/
- Following the TasAlert facebook page searching for @TasAlert or at www.facebook.com/tasalert/
- Following the Tasmania Police facebook page searching for @Tas.Police or at www.facebook.com/Tas.Police/
Dense smoke from bushfires is predicted to continue to affect communities for several more weeks. These smoke levels can cause serious health impacts – particularly in vulnerable people with medical conditions.
For tips on reducing the impact of smoke on your health, please visit www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/publichealth/alerts/air/bushfire_smoke.
Monitor air quality in your area at www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/publichealth/alerts/air
Looking after yourself following a traumatic event
Natural disasters are traumatic and overwhelming events that can affect everyone in the community. Current bushfires have a widespread impact on the state and many members of our community have encountered emotional, physical and financial stress.
Everyone will feel different in the days, weeks and months that follow an event like this. It is important to take notice of how you and those around you feel and behave in case extra support is needed.
A fact sheet on what to look out for and where to seek help can be found here.
If you are interested in volunteering your time to help at the Kingborough Evacuation Centre or with other emergency tasks, please complete the volunteer register form here. We will then contact registered volunteers as needed.
If you would like to offer donations of items such as blankets, towels, clothing, personal care items etc, please complete the online form here. Due to the high volume of offers, we are taking details and will get back to you if your donations are required. Please do not bring goods directly to the Council Offices or the Evacuation Centre.