The annual report is a key document by which Council reports to and is accountable to the community. Section 72 of the Local Government Act 1993 requires council to prepare an annual report and make copies available to the public.
The Act specifies the content that must be contained within the annual report and requires council to invite the public to make submissions on the report for discussion at the annual general meeting.
The annual report highlight Council’s activities and achievements over the year and provides a comprehensive overview of financial performance.
Annual reports for the past five years are available to view and download below. If you wish to view any previous reports, please contact our Customer Services Team on (03) 6211 8200.
- Kingborough Council Annual Report 2019-20 (PDF)
- Kingborough Council Annual Report 2018-19 (PDF)
- Kingborough Council Annual Report 2017-18 (PDF)
Code of Conduct Complaints for the period 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020
There were no code of conduct complaints during this period.
Understanding the Financial Report
The Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) Australia has produced a helpful guide for community members to understand the financial reports local governments. It is the first in a series of initiatives that CPA Australia intends to undertake to improve the financial literacy and understanding of financial performance measures of Local Government Authorities. The guide is below to view and download, and further information about CPA Australia can be found on their website, www.cpaaustralia.com.au (external link).
Council produces a range of plans, strategies and reports that help inform our local community about what we are doing and our approach to strategy and services.
- Dog Owner’s Handbook 2019
- Kingborough Information Directory 2016-17
- Kingborough Plant Species List
- Rates Brochure 2020-21
- Annual Plan 2020/21, adopted 14 September 2020
- Long Term Asset Management Plan 2018
- Long Term Financial Plan 2020/21 – 2030/31
- Kingborough Council Climate Change Plan
- Kingborough Sports Centre Site Master Plan 2011 – released July 2011 – Note: this file is 5MB
- Kingston Central Area Master Plan Review – released March 2008
- Blackmans Bay Blowhole – Public Safety Reports
- Bruny Life, Final Report & Bruny Life, Survey Responses
- Kingborough Integrated Transport Study – released May 2010
- Kingston Beach Infrastructure Master Plan Report – released February 2010
- Kingborough Play Space and Playground Audit 2020
- North West Bay River Multi-use Trail Feasibility Study, endorsed October 2020
- Suncoast Headlands Track – Geotechnical Report, August 2020 (PDF)
- The Suncoast Headlands Track is subject to ongoing erosion from coastal processes and landslips. Temporary fencing has been installed to protect track users. It will help to keep tracks users off the soft track edge and help the bank to stabilise. Temporary fencing will remain in place until permanent fencing can be designed and installed. Council will continue to monitor the area for erosion and landslips.
- Asset Management Strategy 2020-2024
- Arts & Culture Strategy 2019 – 2023
- Bruny Tourism Strategy, 2017
- Central Kingston Parking Strategy 2016
- Future Directions Plan – Kingborough Sports Precinct
- Kingborough Community Halls Strategy 2021-2026
- Kingborough Sport and Recreation Facilities Strategy 2013
- Kingborough Tracks & Trails Strategic Action Plan, 2017 – 2022
- Kingborough Open Space Strategy 2019
- Kingborough Youth Strategy 2019 – 2024
- Play Space and Playground Strategy 2020
- Public Toilet Strategy 2017
- Waste Management Strategy, December 2017