The annual report is a key document by which Council reports to and is accountable to the community. Section 72 of the Local Government Act 1993 requires council to prepare an annual report and make copies available to the public.
The Act specifies the content that must be contained within the annual report and requires council to invite the public to make submissions on the report for discussion at the annual general meeting.
The annual report highlight Council’s activities and achievements over the year and provides a comprehensive overview of financial performance.
Annual reports for the past five years are available to view and download below. If you wish to view any previous reports, please contact our Customer Services Team on (03) 6211 8200.
- Kingborough Council Annual Report 2017-18 (PDF)
- Kingborough Council Annual Report 2016-17 (PDF)
- Kingborough Council Annual Report 2015-16 (PDF)
- Kingborough Council Annual Report 2014-15 (PDF)
- Kingborough Council Annual Report 2013-14 (PDF)
- Kingborough Council Annual Report 2012-13 (PDF)
- Kingborough Council Annual Report 2011-12 (PDF)
Understanding the Financial Report
The Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) Australia has produced a helpful guide for community members to understand the financial reports local governments. It is the first in a series of initiatives that CPA Australia intends to undertake to improve the financial literacy and understanding of financial performance measures of Local Government Authorities. The guide is below to view and download, and further information about CPA Australia can be found on their website, www.cpaaustralia.com.au (external link).
Council produces a range of plans, strategies and reports that help inform our local community about what we are doing and our approach to strategy and services.
- Kingborough Information Directory 2016-17
- Kingborough Council Rates Information Brochure 2017-18
- Dog Owner’s Handbook 2019
- Annual Plan 2019/20, adopted 9 September 2019
- Kingborough Council Climate Change Plan
- Kingborough Sports Centre Site Master Plan 2011 – released July 2011 – Note: this file is 5MB
- Kingston Central Area Master Plan Review – released March 2008
- Long Term Financial Plan, 2019/20 – 2028/29
- Long Term Asset Management Plan, 2018
- Public Land Register
- Delegations Register
- Councillors Gifts & Benefits Register as at September 2019
- Bruny Life, Final Report & Bruny Life, Survey Responses
- Kingborough Integrated Transport Study – released May 2010
- Kingston Beach Infrastructure Master Plan Report – released February 2010
- Bruny Tourism Strategy, 2017
- Kingborough Sport and Recreation Facilities Strategy 2013
- Kingborough Tracks & Trails Strategic Action Plan, 2017 – 2022
- Waste Management Strategy, December 2017
- Central Kingston Parking Strategy, 2016
- Public Toilet Strategy, 2017
- Kingborough Open Space Strategy, 2019
- Arts & Culture Strategy 2019 – 2023
- Kingborough Youth Strategy 2019 – 2024