An application for Planning Approval should be made before any Building approvals are finalised.
The Building Application process is as follows:
- Building Application – your application should be prepared by a professional designer and may need to include working drawings, engineering design and specifications, relevant consultant reports, a Certificate of likely Compliance from your building surveyor.
- Lodgement – your submission will be assessed to ensure all initial documentation has been provided with your application and contact you if further information is required. The Customer Service team will then lodge the application and send you the invoice to pay. Once it is paid, the application will be allocated to the Building Department for assessment.
- Assessment – our officers will assess your applications and advise you in writing of the outcome of the assessment or to request further information.
For more information, fact sheets and resources regarding the Building Regulatory Framework, visit the Department of Justice website.
- Application for Demolition Permit – Form 1
- Application for Building Permit – Form 2
- Application – Occupancy Permit – Form 4
- Application – Certificate of Substantial Compliance – Form 8
- Application – Permit of Substantial Compliance – Form 9
- Start-Work Notification and Authorisation – Building Work – Form 39
- Notice of intention to install Heating Appliance – Form 53
- Heating Appliance Installation Compliance Certificate – Form 54
- Application for Building Certificate – Form 57
- Start-Work Notification and Authorisation – Demolition Work – Form 73
- Application for extension of duration of Building Permit – Form 76A
- Application for extension of duration of Demolition Permit – Form 76C
- Request for Building Amendment