Council has prepared a community support leaflet for COVID-19.
If you are able to support others, consider using this Kindness Card. Make sure if you are assisting others that you are only spreading kindness. You can leave any items for your neighbours on their doorstep.
Below are some further organisations and websites that may offer help:
- Food Relief Organisations
- The Loui’s Van Service provides Soup, Sandwiches, Hot Meals (as available) pastries, and warmth supplies to people in need. This service has been adjusted due to current COVID19 risk and currently operating in the Hobart and the Glenorchy areas under an adjusted format.
- Kingston: Kingborough Council car park, Hutchins St 7:00pm to 7:25pm Thursday evenings
- Kingston: Maranoa Heights Community Centre, Hawthorn Drive 7:25pm to 7:50pm
- Australian Government Health Department – Head to Health
- Lifeline: 13 11 14 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636 (24 hours, 7days)
- MensLine Australia: 1300 789 978 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Headspace: 1800 650 890
- Life in Mind
- SANE forums
- St Vincent de Paul Support Poster (PDF)
National Debt Hotline- free financial counselling is now available. Call 1800 007 007 or visit https://ndh.org.au for more information.
Help with Housing can be found at:
- Housing Connect on 1800 800 588, Level 3, 181 Collins Street
- Anglicare Private Rental Support Service – 1800 243 232
- Bethlehem House – Emergency Accommodation for men – 6234 4594
Channel Churches Care is a collaboration of local churches supporting Channel community residents during times of hardship as a result of COVID-19. They provide practical, spiritual, or social support to residents living between Huntingfield and Woodbridge.
There are a variety of ways to contact them:
- Direct phone: 0491 800 778
- Facebook: @ChannelChurchesCare (external link)
- Website: channelchurchescare.com (external link)
Contact them if you have any questions or would like to make a referral or request some support.