Application for filming in Kingborough

The Kingborough Council regulates commercial filming permits to make sure that activities are carried out according to our safety and amenity regulations, and disruptions to residents and businesses are minimal.

You will require a permit if you are wishing to film in any public areas within the Kingborough Council municipality for commercial purposes. A filming permit application must be submitted at least one week prior to filming. The permit application can be completed via the online form: Film Permit Application.

A permit is not required if you are filming on private property. The Kingborough municipality has large areas managed by the Parks and Wildlife Service, and if you require permission to film on these locations, please contact the department directly. More information please visit their website: Drone use in Tasmania’s Parks and Reserves.

If you require any further information, please contact us on 6211 8200.