Road Works and Occupation Permits

If you are a contractor, construction worker or individual planning works that involve occupation or excavation within a Council road reservation (including nature strips and footpaths) you require a road works permit (for excavation works) or a road occupation permit (for non-excavation works).

Please allow a minimum of 7 days for permits to be assessed and approved.

Road works permit – DBYD PermitAccess

We have implemented a trial cloud based DBYD excavation permit solution called PermitAccess which facilitates the application, review, and approval of excavation works within Council road reserves.

PermitAccess combines the processes of submitting a Dial Before You Dig (DBYD) excavation enquiry and applying for a Council road works permit when the excavation work is within the Council road reserve.

If you wish to lodge a road works permit for excavation, please first submit a DBYD request, which if applicable, will then lodge a road works permit request with Council.

For PermitAccess assistance please refer to the Kingborough DBYD PermitAccess Guidelines (PDF).

Road occupation permit

If you require a road occupation permit for non-excavation activities (such as traffic control, cranes, scaffolding, or temporary fencing) please complete the road occupation permit application form.

Permit fees

Road works and road occupation permits require a fee upon application. The current fees are listed in the annual Council Fees & Charges Schedule. Any road works or occupation must not start until the permit application is approved, fee paid in full, and permit issued.