Our Youth Services Team is committed to supporting active and happy young people in Kingborough. We provide information, activities, events, support and training workshops for young people in Kingborough.
A new Kingborough Youth Strategy has been approved by Council. View and download the Strategy below.
yspace is Kingborough’s Youth Centre, based at 98 Beach Road in Kingston. Yspace offers a range of recreational and training activities for young people, as well as access to services such as counselling. It has a pool table, table tennis, a sound system for live music, comfy beanbags and couches. The space provides:
- access to youth support services and information
- a safe place to relax and be with friends
- a place for young people to learn and share their art, music, writing and other skills
- a meeting place
- outdoor activities with BBQ facilities, earth oven and vegie garden.
Get on board the YAK
- Do you have an idea about a local issue?
- Want to find out more about what Council does in relation to issues that affect young people?
The YAK (Youth Action Kingborough) is a group of young people who want to help to ‘make things happen’ in Kingborough. They help organise events, share their opinions about making Kingborough more youth friendly and raise particular issues that are important for young people. For more information, please contact us on (03) 6211 8200.
Kingborough Youth Sports Assistance program (KYSA)
This program helps break down the barriers of participation in sport for young people, by offering financial assistance for young people in the municipality who would otherwise not be able to afford to participate in their chosen sport. The program provides financial assistance for basic needs such as membership fees, equipment and more.
The Kingborough Youth Policy describes Council’s commitment to young people in the municipality and key principles, such as:
- social inclusion
- participation and consultation
- access and equity
- building on diversity
- respect and communication.
View the Kingborough Youth Policy.
To find out more, contact our Youth Services Team.