The Bruny Island community has been working for many years to manage the impacts of feral cats on the island. In 2016 the Federal Government dedicated funds to five Australian Islands (including Bruny) to progress the eradication and management of feral cats.
Information on the research, management and community engagement work from both Stage 1 (July 2016 – June 2019) of the project and the current project are provided below:
Brochure and poster:
- Bruny Island safe from cats Brochure
- Bruny Island safe from cats Poster 1
- Bruny Island safe from cats Poster 2
- Project update January 2022
- Project update August 2021
- Project update October 2019
- Project update February 2019
- Project update May 2018
See the #CatsonBruny videos.
Future Engagement Strategies: Insights from the Bruny Island community (2019)
Bruny Island Community Engagement Report (2018)
Bruny Island Cat Management Feasibility Study (2018)
Bruny Island Cat Control INFFER Report (2016)