In the event of an emergency, please call 000.
Council encourages residents to do their own emergency planning. Be pro-active, and talk to your family and friends about being prepared and staying safe in the event of a disaster. By working together, we build a stronger community and become more resilient to disasters.
Visit the Tasmania Fire Service website (external link).
Call Emergency Services on 000.
The Tasmanian Fire Service has developed the Prepare a Bushfire Survival Plan (external link).
The Australian Red Cross has developed Rediplan (PDF) which you can also get from our offices.
Floods and storms
Visit the Tasmania State Emergency Service (SES) website (external link).
Or call SES 132 500.
The SES website all provides preparation information on being:
Police Assistance Line
You can report a non-urgent crime by calling the Police Assistance Line on 131 444.
Call the line to report:
- motor vehicle theft
- stealing from a motor vehicle
- malicious damage
- minor motor vehicle collisions
- lost property.
Preparing for an emergency
The following are some tips for your family to consider to prepare for an emergency:
- How will you stay in touch in the event of, or after an emergency?
- How you will contact each other if you are separated?
- Who will collect family members and who will check on neighbours?
- Where will you meet?
- What will you do about pets?