Council is pleased to advise that roadworks are planned to upgrade Talone Road and the first 130 metres of Blowhole Road. The road works will start later this year or early next year, pending tender and contracts processes with works completion targeted for June 2020.
The upgrades will include the provision of:
- an improved stormwater network,
- a concrete footpath from Roslyn Road to the Blowhole initially along Blowhole Road then continuing down Talone Road,
- kerb and channel both sides of Talone Road and the first 130m of Blowhole Road,
- new asphalt road surfaces along Talone Road and the first 130m of Blowhole Road,
- improved driveway accesses to all properties fronting Talone Road and those down to no. 16 Blowhole Road.
Council will confirm start dates once the designs and tenders are complete.
We expect to upgrade the remaining section of Blowhole Road in 2023/24 as identified in Council’s five-year plan.