An alert has been sent out regarding the hot weather this weekend.
Please remember to:
- Stay hydrated: drink lots of water, even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- Check on others: particularly those at risk such as elderly and people with chronic medical conditions.
- Minimise sun: remember to slip, slop, slap, seek and slide.
- Prepare your house: put on air conditioning, draw blinds and curtains to keep the heat out and open doors and windows where safe to do so.
- Pets: try to keep pets out of the sun, with plenty of cool water available.
- Seek medical advice: Heat-related illness can be life threatening, in an emergency call 000 for help.
More information can be found on the Department of Health and Human Services website, including fact sheets about being prepared and coping in extreme heat conditions.