Our role is to provide services for our 35,000 residents, plus visitors to the region.
Kingborough Council is committed to maintaining a balance between respect for the environment we live in and creation of a modern thriving community with all the amenities.
To do this, Council provides services including, but not limited to:
- road construction and maintenance
- street lighting
- rubbish and recycling collection
- stormwater drainage
- traffic and or parking management
- planning and building services
- public health such as inspecting cafes, shops and manufacturing premises to check for hygienic conditions sporting ovals, parks and public reserves
- community halls
- community services such as child care, immunisation services, services for young people and seniors, and health promotion
- community festivals and events
- economic development and tourism