Council has various social media channels for you to connect with us:
- Facebook – We update our Facebook page with council messages, events, services, emergency information, and works programs.
- Twitter – Follow us on Twitter for alerts, events, works, and other emergency information in Kingborough.
- Instagram – Shares the beautiful natural areas, flora, and fauna across Kingborough.
- Flickr – Council’s online visual library to share photographs from events, scenery, and infrastructure.
- YouTube – Our audiovisual channel for interviews and events.
- LinkedIn – For professional news and employment opportunities.
Social media house rules
Kingborough Council’s social media channels feature a range of information about our services and partners and aims to keep you informed and up-to-date about what is happening in Kingborough.
Our Facebook page is monitored regularly and during business hours, Monday to Friday, between 8.30 am and 5 pm.
We are here to help in any way that we can and want you to join in the conversation and connect with other members in the community. We want our social media channels to be safe spaces, and a place for healthy, open and insightful discussion and feedback.
We will follow up on any emerging themes, issues and suggestions, and will pass these on to the relevant people. We do try to join the conversation where possible, although we may not be able to reply individually to all comments on the site.
We do read our direct messages and try to answer as soon as we can.
We expect all visitors to be kind and respectful to others and to our staff. This is why we have some basic house rules to help explain why we may sometimes need to remove the odd comment or, in very rare cases, block someone from the site.
Remember that what you say is public
It might sound obvious but once your comment is online it’s public and anyone with internet access can read it. You are legally responsible for what you submit.
Keep it clean
We don’t want swearing or rude comments on our social media channels. If you’re rude or offensive we will remove your comments (this includes racist, sexist, sexually explicit, homophobic or otherwise offensive remarks). We also reserve the right to remove comments that are likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others.
Bullies aren’t welcome
We won’t tolerate any form of bullying, harassment or victimisation on our page of other users or of Kingborough Council staff and Members and we take this behaviour extremely seriously.
If you spam our page, we will delete it and may ban persistent spammers. Spam detracts from the messages we, and others who use the page, are trying to communicate.
We don’t want to see any confidential or private information on our sites. For example, please don’t share the phone number, email address or other contact details of any other person. If you need to share information with us, please send it in a private message.
We will remove, in whole or in part, posts that we feel are:
- Inappropriate, or discriminatory against any individual or group.
- Abusive, offensive, or obscene.
- Deceptive or misleading.
- In violation of any intellectual property rights, including copyright.
- In violation of any law or regulation.
- Spam and off-topic content (persistent negative and/or abusive posts in which the aim is to provoke a response).
- Anyone repeatedly engaging with us using content or language which falls into the above categories will be barred from our social media channels.
Our Customer Services Team can be reached on (03) 6211 8200. This number is also our after-hours emergency services number.
You can access a number of our services online at www.kingborough.tas.gov.au or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.