A record of your visit is made each time you view this website with our Internet Service Provider. The following information is logged for statistical purposes:
- Your server address
- Your top level domain name (eg net, gov, au, com, etc)
- The date and time you visited the site
- Pages accessed and documents which were downloaded
- Previous site you visited
- The type of browser you are using
Use of Information Collected
Your e-mail address will only be recorded if you send us a message. Your e-mail address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent. This site provides facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. Users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet.
We also track the pattern of visitor usage to Kingborough Council website using a facility called a cookie. Cookies are small data files that we send to your computer so we can remember (how many times you visited us before, the way you have chosen to view our site on earlier occasions).
The Material has been made available for general personal use only and is provided without any express or implied warranty as to its accuracy or currency.
All access to, and use of, the Material is at the user’s risk. Kingborough Council accepts no responsibility for the results of any actions taken on the basis of information on this website, nor for the accuracy or completeness of the Material. Before relying on the Material or any part of it you should independently verify its accuracy or completeness.
Kingborough Council expressly disclaims all and any liability and responsibility to any person in respect of the consequences of anything done or omitted to be done by such person in reliance, whether wholly or partially, upon this website or the Material. No warranties or representations are made by Kingborough Council about this website, or the Material including any warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the Material or its suitability for any particular purpose. We do not warrant that the Material is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination. We exclude, to the full extent permitted by law, any liability arising as a result of the use of this website or the Material. Where liability cannot be excluded our liability is limited to the resupply of the Material, or the reasonable cost of having the Material resupplied. Kingborough Council will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss, including loss of profits arising out of the use of this website or the Material.
- Legal Advice – the Material is not intended to be legal advice. Legal or other professional advice should be sought before acting or relying on the Material or any part of it.
- Linked Sites – this website may contain links to other websites (“linked websites”). Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked websites. Our links with linked websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those linked websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked websites, unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary.
- Security of Information – whilst we strive to protect data transmitted over the Internet, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
- Changes to Material – Kingborough Council reserves the right to alter, amend, vary or otherwise change the Material at any time and without notice to you.