About This Position
The Kingborough Sports Centre offers a wide range of recreational facilities including a well-equipped fitness centre, aerobics room, sports stadiums, squash courts and gymnastics facilities.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Team Leader to coordinate the operations of the Fitness Centre. You will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Fitness Centre, including staff management, as well as driving a strong business and customer service culture. Applicants must have a current Certificate III / IV in Fitness and proven marketing and promotional skills in the fitness industry.
Further Details: The position is ongoing full time with a salary in the range of $68,356 – $73,797 per annum, plus 12.5% superannuation. You will be required to work rosters which include early mornings, evenings and public holiday shifts. For more information on the position, please contact Scott Wade, Operations Manager Kingborough Sports Precinct on (03) 6211 8214.
How to apply: A copy of the position description for this vacancy and information detailing requirements for applications are available on Council’s website www.kingborough.tas.gov.au. All applications must include a document addressing the selection criteria and a current resume.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday, 28 June 2019 and should be forwarded to the Executive Manager Organisational Development, Kingborough Council, by email on email@example.com.
Please address these selection criteria in your application.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a sporting facility environment, with proven achievement of high quality delivery of service and experience in the development of marketing and promotional activities.
- Sound knowledge of the needs of a range of Fitness Centre services and facilities and the development of participation programs and activities.
- Experience in leading a small team in the delivery of services in a Fitness Centre environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, positive attitude and high level customer service skills.
- Proven time management skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise work so as to achieve timely and accurate results, and to reschedule priorities when relevant.
- Efficient and accurate computer skills using Microsoft Office products, POS, client database programs and social media platforms.
- Sound understanding of risk management and work health and safety issues associated with the operations of sports and recreation facilities including general safety processes, food handling, first aid, fire safety and emergency procedures.
- A current Certificate level III/IV in Fitness and registration with Fitness Australia.
- A Working with Vulnerable People (child related activity) check and a satisfactory National Police check.
- A recognised First Aid Certificate.
- Knowledge of computer-based records management systems, bookings management and point of sale software.
- Vocational qualifications in the areas of sport and recreation or events management at the Diploma level.