About This Position
The position works within Council’s Compliance Unit and is responsible for undertaking statutory planning enforcement duties, as well as the enforcement of development legislation, by-laws, statutory requirements and conditions of approval for development applications.
You will require the ability to undertake complex investigative processes within a government environment, as well as the ability to interpret and apply legislation and regulations. Previous experience in a planning regulatory environment would be well regarded.
Further details: The role is ongoing full-time and offers a salary in the range of $77,785 to $85,944 per annum, based on skills and experience. For further information on this position, please contact Scott Basham, Manager Compliance and Community Development on 03 6211 8230.
How to Apply: The Information Package for this role is available below. To ensure your application is considered, you must provide a current resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria. Applications can be submitted online through the Employment Portal on Council’s website.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 21 August 2020.
Please address these selection criteria in your application
1. Demonstrated experience in undertaking complex investigative processes within a government environment.
2. The ability to interpret and apply detailed legislation, regulations and by-laws.
3. Substantial experience in a customer service environment, including high level verbal, mediation, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
4. Sound judgement, problem solving and decision-making skills.
5. Good computer literacy and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to prepare detailed legal correspondence including briefs of evidence.
6. Good organisational and time management skills, ability to work under limited supervision and a demonstrated capacity to work well in a coordinated team.
Current unrestricted motor vehicle driver’s licence.
1. Certificate IV in Government Investigations (or similar) or the ability to acquire this qualification.
2. Previous experience in a planning regulatory enforcement environment.