About This Position
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and adaptable individual to join the Kingborough Council’s Engineering Services team. The Asset Management Coordinator is responsible for the development and maintenance of Council’s asset registers and the provision of asset data to support the capital works and maintenance programs and strategic planning and modelling.
The position undertakes programmed and reactive data entry, database maintenance and the field-capture of asset information, including the collation of relevant condition based data. You will also supervise other staff and contractors in collecting asset details in the field, including asset attributes and condition data.
You should have qualifications in a relevant field such as civil engineering or spatial information services and demonstrated experience in the operation of asset management systems. Practical experience in the capture of asset information and attributes in a civil construction environment is also essential.
Further details: The position is full-time, with a salary in the range of $88,628 to $100,456 per annum. For more information, please contact David Reeve, Executive Manager Engineering Services on 03 6211 8200.
How to Apply: The Information Package for this role is available below. To ensure your application is considered, you must provide a current resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria. Applications can be submitted online through the Employment Portal on Council’s website.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 24 July 2020.
Please address these selection criteria in your application
- Qualifications in Civil Engineering or equivalent asset management related qualification at Diploma level or higher.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation of Asset Management Systems comprising Asset Management databases and Geographical Information Systems.
- Practical knowledge and experience of asset management principles, or a demonstrated ability to acquire this knowledge.
- Practical experience in the capture of asset information and attributes in a civil construction environment.
- Practical experience in valuing and accounting for assets using the relevant asset management accounting standards.
- Demonstrated ability to plan ahead and work in a systematic and organised way, seeing projects through to a satisfactory completion.
- The ability to demonstrate clear analytical thinking and the ability to work with and solve complex engineering issues.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to work independently as required.
- Competent computer skills using Microsoft Office software.
- Current driver’s licence.
- White Card – Working Safely in the Construction Industry
Experience in and knowledge of Local Government infrastructure.