About This Position
Council has a vacancy for a Turf Maintenance Worker to join the Turf Unit based at the Twin Ovals, Kingston. We are seeking someone passionate about a career in turf management and who has previous experience in maintaining sporting fields and ovals.
Ideally, you will hold a vocational qualification in turf maintenance, a medium rigid licence and ChemCert accreditation. The role also requires experience with automated irrigation systems and the operation of a range of plant and machinery, such as tractors, ride-on mowers, chainsaws, brushcutters and chemical spray equipment.
The base salary offered in within the range of $54,911 to $56,349 per annum. The successful applicant may have the opportunity to work under a flexible work arrangement which provides for an additional 15% loading on all hours worked. Further details are available from Brad Marsh, Team Leader on 0438 049 863
How to apply: A copy of the Information Package is available below.
All applications must include a document addressing the selection criteria and a current resume.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 17 September 2021 and can be submitted online by clicking Apply Now below.
Please provide a written statement which addresses the selection criteria in your application.
- Previous experience in the horticulture or turf industry and/or a Certificate II or non-trades Certificate III in Turf Management.
- The ability to competently operate in a safe manner a range of plant and machinery relevant to role, including tractors and attachments, mowers (including ride-on mowers), brush-cutters, chainsaws and chemical spray equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in working with automated irrigation systems.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to safety procedures in a high-risk work environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively with other employees, contractors and members of the public.
- The ability to work effectively in the team and independently and solve day-to-day maintenance problems.
- Basic estimating skills and the ability to work to plans.
Licences (Including Plant, Machinery and Equipment licences)
- White Card – General Induction for Construction
- Chain Saw licence (Trim and Cross-Cut)
- A current unrestricted driver’s licence, endorsed medium rigid.
- ChemCert accreditation relevant to the role