About This Position
Council is seeking an experienced leader to join the Executive team as the Director Environment, Development and Community.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the strategic direction and management of key Council functions including environmental services, statutory and strategic planning, community services, community resilience, communications and community engagement. You will be a results driven, strong people leader with a proven commitment to business improvement and effective service delivery.
Ideally you will have significant experience in a senior local government position and the capability to operate in a complex political environment.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated, including the private use of a motor vehicle. The role is being offered on a full-time contract basis for a term of five years.
How to Apply: For further information on this position, please contact Council’s General Manager, Gary Arnold, on (03) 6211 8274. A copy of the information package for this role is available below. All applications must include a document addressing the selection criteria and a current resume.
Applications can be submitted online by clicking ‘Apply Now’ below.
Applications close at 4.00pm on Monday 22 August 2022.
You will be an experienced leader ready to take on a challenging and rewarding role. We are looking to engage a professional who has all the skills and attributes necessary to deliver for our community.
You will be a high achiever with:
- Tertiary qualifications in a field relevant to the key functions of the Directorate.
- Significant experience in a senior management position relevant to this role.
- Proven capacity to analyse, articulate and contribute to strategic and policy development and the implementation of effective business improvement and change management initiatives.
- Strong leadership capabilities with ability to effectively lead, motivate and coach a team towards achieving operational and strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated service delivery and community engagement experience and high-level communication skills including advocacy, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- High level critical thinking and problem-solving ability with the capacity to solve complex and diverse issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Proven ability to operate in a complex political environment.
- Competent computer skills in the use of Microsoft application packages.
- Previous experience working in a local government environment at a senior level.