About This Position
Council has a vacancy for a Turf Maintenance Worker to join the Turf Unit based at the Twin Ovals, Kingston. We are seeking someone passionate about a career in turf management and who has previous experience in maintaining sporting fields and ovals.
Ideally, you will have a medium rigid licence and ChemCert accreditation. The role also requires experience with automated irrigation systems and the operation of a range of plant and machinery, such as tractors, ride-on mowers, brush cutters and chemical spray equipment.
The base salary offered in within the range of $56,449 to $57,926 per annum. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work under a flexible work arrangement which provides for an additional 15% salary loading on all hours worked. For more information, please contact Brad Marsh, Team Leader on 0438 049 863.
How to Apply: The Information Package for this role is available below. To ensure your application is considered, you must provide a current resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria. Applications can be submitted online by clicking “Apply Now” below. Applications close at 4pm on Monday 6 June 2022.
To be considered for this role, you must address the following selection criteria in your application.
1. Previous experience in the horticulture or turf industry.
2. The ability to competently operate in a safe manner a range of plant and machinery relevant to
role, including tractors and attachments, mowers (including ride-on mowers), brush-cutters,
chainsaws and chemical spray equipment.
3. Demonstrated experience in working with automated irrigation systems.
4. Demonstrated ability to adhere to safety procedures in a high-risk work environment.
5. The ability to communicate effectively with other employees, contractors and members of the
6. The ability to work effectively in the team and independently and solve day-to-day maintenance
7. Basic estimating skills and the ability to work to plans.
Licences (Including Plant, Machinery and Equipment licences)
1. White Card – General Induction for Construction
2. A current unrestricted driver’s licence endorsed medium rigid.
3. ChemCert accreditation relevant to the role
1. Certificate II or non-trades Certificate III in Turf Management.
2. Basic First Aid accreditation or the ability to acquire this accreditation.
3. Basic computer skills