About This Position
Kingborough Council has an opportunity for a qualified professional to join Council’s Capital Works Project Management Unit. The Unit is responsible for the coordination and delivery of a range of Council’s high value community infrastructure projects including community facilities, public spaces, and major roads and stormwater upgrades.
This position is responsible for the project management of Council’s tendering, contract management, construction, and financial management of capital works projects. You will require tertiary qualifications in civil engineering and demonstrated experience in general civil and road construction engineering works, contract management and tendering processes.
Further details: The position is offered on an ongoing full-time basis, with a salary in the range of $88,628 to $100,456 per annum.
How to Apply: The Information Package for this role is available below. To ensure your application is considered, you must provide a current resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria. Applications can be submitted online through the Employment Portal on Council’s website.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday, 4 December 2020
1. Tertiary qualifications suitable for admittance as an Associate Member of Engineers Australia and demonstrated experience in general civil and road-construction engineering works.
2. Sound knowledge and experience in managing civil works contracts of various styles and complexity and familiarity with best practice contract administration processes.
3. Knowledge of engineering standards and practices and an ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings.
4. Proven ability to work in a team environment and to work independently as required.
5. Sound conceptual and analytical skills.
6. Proficient skills in the use of Microsoft Office products and the use of GIS systems.
7. Sound knowledge of work health and safety and related work practices relevant to a civil construction environment.
1. Current driver’s licence.
2. White Card – Working Safely in the Construction Industry
3. Confined spaces accreditation or the ability to acquire this accreditation.
4. Traffic Management accreditation or the ability to acquire this accreditation.
1. Basic knowledge in the use of engineering software.
2. Experience working in a technical environment and the ability to provide technical or detailed advice.
3. Experience in project managing the construction of building infrastructure, including knowledge of the various building standards and understanding of the design criteria associated with the construction.