Submit a Planning Application

You may need to submit a planning application for developments such as:

  • Demolition of buildings
  • Construction of buildings
  • Additions/modifications of buildings
  • Fences/walls including retaining walls
  • Change of use

To submit a planning application you will need to include:

  • Completed Planning Application form
  • A full and current (search date no older than 3 months) copy of the certificate of title to the land containing the:
    • Folio Text and Plan *
    • Any Schedule of Easements, Covenants, Part 5 Agreements, Council Notifications or Conditions of Transfer*
  • Your plans showing proposed works and any supporting documentation.

* These document/s can be obtained from Service Tasmania or online at the List for a fee. There will be fees associated with your application to Kingborough Council Planning Fees


Applications can be submitted by:

  • email
  • by post –Development Services, Kingborough Council, Locked Bag 1, Kingston TAS 7050
  • dropped into the Civic Centre in Kingston -, 15 Channel Highway, Kingston 7050

Once the full submission is received, our team will complete an initial assessment to determine the nature of the proposal, compliance with use and development standards in accordance with the Planning Scheme and the type of application needed. Once determined you will be sent an invoice for your application.

When payment is received, your application will be allocated to a Planning Officer to commence the formal assessment.

Please note: further information may be requested during the formal assessment stage of your application  your application may be required to be formally advertised, which you will be notified about when you are invoiced.  For more detail on the process of assessment go to Planning Process


You are welcome to call our customer service team to book an appointment with our Planning Technical Officer, who will offer preliminary advice on your planning related inquiries.

*Please be advised that we do not offer definitive advice prior to lodging your application.

  • Development Services, Kingborough Council, Locked Bag 1, Kingston TAS 7050
  • or phone: (03) 6211 8200