You may need to submit a planning application for developments such as:
- demolition of buildings
- construction of buildings
- additions/modifications of buildings
- change of use
- subdivision of land
- clearance of land
- excavation or fill works
All planning applications need the following information to be provided at the time of submitting the application:
- A completed application form.
- A full and current (no older than 3 months) copy of the certificate of title to the land containing the:
- search page;
- Plan, Sealed Plan or Diagram; and
- Any schedule of easements, Covenants, Council Notifications or Conditions of Transfer.
- Plans showing proposed works and any supporting documentation.
- Associated fees must also be paid – A list of Planning Fees can be found here.
Applications can be submitted electronically, by post, or at the Civic Centre in Kingston.
Your submission will be assessed to ensure you have all the relevant documents before being lodged by Kingborough Council’s Customer Service Team. You will then be sent an invoice for the application. Once the payment has been made, the application will be allocated to a Planning Officer for assessment.
Consultation with Council officers prior to submitting your proposed development or use will help to ensure that all factors are considered as part of the project design, and relevant issues are identified and considered in the early stages of the proposal.
Planning enquiries, specific to a property, can be made at the iplan website (external link).
Planning enquiries can also be made by calling Kingborough Council’s Customer Service team on (03) 6211 8200, or by visiting the Kingborough Council Civic Centre, 15 Channel Highway, Kingston.
Please be advised that temporarily Planning Officers will only be available from 10am to 3pm. If you require a face to face meeting it is recommended that you make a booking by calling the Customer Service team on (03) 6211 8200.
You can also request advice in writing, or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please contact us.