Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we encourage enquiries to be made by phone, post or email. Applications can also be lodged by email or post. Please see how to get in touch below.
You may need to submit a planning application for developments such as:
- demolition of buildings
- construction of buildings
- additions/modifications of buildings
- change of use
- subdivision of land
- clearance of land
- excavation or fill works
All planning applications need the following information to be provided at the time of submitting the application:
- A completed application form.
- A full and current (no older than 3 months) copy of the certificate of title to the land containing the:
- search page;
- Plan, Sealed Plan or Diagram; and
- Any schedule of easements, Covenants, Council Notifications or Conditions of Transfer.
- Plans showing proposed works and any supporting documentation.
- Associated fees must also be paid – Planning fees
Applications can be submitted electronically, by post, or at the Civic Centre in Kingston.
Your submission will be assessed to ensure you have all the relevant documents before being lodged by Kingborough Council’s Customer Service Team. You will then be sent an invoice for the application. Once the payment has been made, the application will be allocated to a Planning Officer for assessment.
Consultation with Council officers prior to submitting your proposed development or use will help to ensure that all factors are considered as part of the project design, and relevant issues are identified and considered in the early stages of the proposal.
For basic and initial advice:
- Planning Technical Officer
- available between 9am and 4pm (appointments are preferred).
For more complicated enquiries:
- Planning Officer appointments must be made.
- Available on the hour from 10am to 3pm.
- Please call Customer Service on (03) 6211 8200 to make an appointment.
You can also request advice by writing to:
- Planning Department, Kingborough Council, Locked Bag 1, Kingston TAS 7050
- or email: email@example.com
- or phone: (03) 6211 8200