PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC, NON-CONTACT ENQUIRES ARE PREFERRED. ENQUIRIES CAN BE MADE BY PHONE, POST OR EMAIL, AND APPLICATIONS LODGED BY EMAIL OR POST. SEE CONTACT INFORMATION BELOW.
You may need to submit a planning application for developments such as:
- demolition of buildings
- construction of buildings
- additions/modifications of buildings
- change of use
- subdivision of land
- clearance of land
- excavation or fill works
All planning applications need the following information to be provided at the time of submitting the application:
- A completed application form.
- A full and current (no older than 3 months) copy of the certificate of title to the land containing the:
- search page;
- Plan, Sealed Plan or Diagram; and
- Any schedule of easements, Covenants, Council Notifications or Conditions of Transfer.
- Plans showing proposed works and any supporting documentation.
- Associated fees must also be paid – Planning fees
Applications can be submitted electronically, by post, or at the Civic Centre in Kingston.
Your submission will be assessed to ensure you have all the relevant documents before being lodged by Kingborough Council’s Customer Service Team. You will then be sent an invoice for the application. Once the payment has been made, the application will be allocated to a Planning Officer for assessment.
Consultation with Council officers prior to submitting your proposed development or use will help to ensure that all factors are considered as part of the project design, and relevant issues are identified and considered in the early stages of the proposal.
The Civic Centre has reopened in a limited capacity due to Covid19 restrictions. Duty Planners are available from 10am-3pm daily to answer enquiries via email at email@example.com, or phone on (03) 6211 8200. Due to the current situation with Covid19, non-contact enquiries are preferred, but if you wish to have a face to face meeting, you will need to book by calling Customer Service on (03) 6211 8200.
You can also request advice in writing, by mailing to Kingborough Council, Locked Bag 1, Kingston TAS 7050.
If you have any questions please contact us.