The current Scheme for the municipality is the Kingborough Interim Planning Scheme 2015.
Planning schemes in Tasmania are statutory documents implementing the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993 (LUPAA). Each municipality in Tasmania is currently governed by an ‘interim’ scheme as part of broader planning reform that is being implemented across the whole of Tasmania by the State Government.
LUPAA identifies an assessment process for planning applications, and the Scheme provides the detailed assessment criteria to be used by Council for each application. Issues to be considered include property zone, use class, proposal design, impact on others and environmental issues.
To find out more about the planning scheme, you can visit:
- The State Government iPlan website to view the Kingborough Interim Planning Scheme 2015
- The List website to view the zoning maps
- Valid applications lodged prior to the Kingborough Interim Planning Scheme 2015, that have not yet been determined, are assessed under the former Kingborough Planning Scheme 2000
Incorporated PDF documents in the Kingborough Interim Planning Scheme 2015:
- Wellington Park Management Plan 2013
- Kingston Green Design Guidelines Towards a Better Kingston
- Kingston Green Residential Development Master Plan
- Margate Marina Master Plan
- Fact Sheet 1 – What is the Kingborough Interim Planning Scheme?
- Fact Sheet 2 – Do I need a Planning permit?
- Fact Sheet 3 – What is a Kingborough Interim Planning Scheme Zone?
- Fact Sheet 4 – What is a Kingborough Interim Planning Scheme Code?
- Fact Sheet 5 – What is a Kingborough Interim Planning Scheme Specific Area Plan?
- Fact Sheet 6 – General Residential Zone
- Fact Sheet 7 – Inner Residential Zone
- Fact Sheet 8 – Low Density Residential Zone
- Fact Sheet 9 – Rural Living Zone
- Fact Sheet 10 – Environmental Living Zone
- Fact Sheet 11 – Urban Mixed Use Zone
- Fact Sheet 12 – Village Zone
- Fact Sheet 13 – Community Purpose Zone
- Fact Sheet 21 – Rural Resource Zone
- Fact Sheet E1 – Bushfire-Prone Areas Code
- Fact Sheet E10 – Biodiversity Code
- Fact Sheet E13 – Historic Heritage Code
- Fact Sheet E23 – On-Site Wastewater Management Code
- Fact Sheet E25 – Local Development Code
Consultation with Council officers prior to submitting your proposed development or use will help to ensure that all factors are considered as part of the project design, and relevant issues are identified and considered in the early stages of the proposal.
For basic and initial advice the Planning Technical Officer is available between 9am and 4pm (appointments are preferred). For more complicated enquiries with a Planning Officer appointments must be made. Available on the hour from 10am to 3pm. Please call Customer Service on (03) 6211 8200 to make an appointment.
You can also request advice by writing to:
Planning Department, Kingborough Council, Locked Bag 1, Kingston TAS 7050
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: (03) 6211 8200