The current Scheme for Kingborough is the Kingborough Interim Planning Scheme 2015.
Planning schemes are statutory documents implementing the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993 (LUPAA). Each municipality in Tasmania has their own scheme; including ‘interim’ schemes, or if they have transitioned as part of the State Government Planning Reform, they would be on the Tasmanian Planning Scheme.
The Scheme provides the criteria to be used to determine if a planning permit is required and which assessments are required, depending on the planning controls that affect the site, such as zones and overlays.
LUPAA requires that a planning assessment includes an assessment against the Scheme, elements of LUPAA and representations received for applications that are required to be advertised.
- Kingborough Interim Planning Scheme 2015 (hosted on the State Government iPlan website)
- The List website to view the zoning and overlay maps
- Current Planning Scheme Amendments
- Information on process of a planning applications
- Fact Sheet 1 – What is the Kingborough Interim Planning Scheme?
- Fact Sheet 2 – Do I need a Planning permit?
- Fact Sheet 3 – What is a Kingborough Interim Planning Scheme Zone?
- Fact Sheet 4 – What is a Kingborough Interim Planning Scheme Code?
- Fact Sheet 5 – What is a Kingborough Interim Planning Scheme Specific Area Plan?
- Fact Sheet 6 – General Residential Zone
- Fact Sheet 7 – Inner Residential Zone
- Fact Sheet 8 – Low Density Residential Zone
- Fact Sheet 9 – Rural Living Zone
- Fact Sheet 10 – Environmental Living Zone
- Fact Sheet 11 – Urban Mixed Use Zone
- Fact Sheet 12 – Village Zone
- Fact Sheet 13 – Community Purpose Zone
- Fact Sheet 21 – Rural Resource Zone
- Fact Sheet E1 – Bushfire-Prone Areas Code
- Fact Sheet E10 – Biodiversity Code
- Fact Sheet E13 – Historic Heritage Code
- Fact Sheet 22 – Planning Scheme Amendment Process
- Fact Sheet E23 – On-Site Wastewater Management Code
- Fact Sheet E25 – Local Development Code
Consultation with Council officers prior to submitting your proposed development or use will help to ensure that all factors are considered as part of the project design, and relevant issues are identified and considered in the early stages of the proposal.
For basic and initial advice the Planning Technical Officer is available between 9am and 4pm (appointments are preferred). For more complicated enquiries with a Planning Officer appointments must be made. Available on the hour from 10am to 3pm. Please call Customer Service on (03) 6211 8200 to make an appointment.
You can also request advice by writing to:
Planning Department, Kingborough Council, Locked Bag 1, Kingston TAS 7050
or email: email@example.com
or phone: (03) 6211 8200