Road Works and Occupation Permits

If you are a contractor, construction worker or individual planning works that involve occupation or excavation within a Council road reservation (including nature strips and footpaths) you require a road works permit (for excavation works) or a road occupation permit (for non-excavation works).

Please allow a minimum of 7 days for permits to be assessed and approved.

Road works permit

If you require a permit for any works that involve excavation within the road reservation please complete the road works permit application form.

Road occupation permit

If you require a permit for any non-excavation activities (such as traffic control, cranes, scaffolding, or temporary fencing) please complete the road occupation permit application form.

Permit fees

Road works and road occupation permits require a fee upon application. The current fees are listed in the annual Council Fees & Charges Schedule. Any road works or occupation must not start until the permit application is approved, fee paid in full, and permit issued.