The biennial Salvaged Art Exhibition is a competition managed by Kingborough Council.
Entries are now closed. We asked entrants to create an artwork from recycled, repurposed and reused materials.
In 2023, Salvaged Art will carry the theme of Health & Wellbeing in Kingborough.
We asked, through your artwork, to let us know what makes you feel joy, gratitude, hope, a sense of belonging or purpose and/or a connection to nature.
The exhibition will run at the Kingborough Community Hub on Friday 22 – Sunday 24 September 10am-2pm.
This project is a creative step towards reimagining how we think of waste and builds a focus on recycling and reuse.
The categories and prizes available include:
- Open Award – $500
- Amateur Artist Award – $250
- 13 – 17 years Award – $150
- Up to 12 years Award – $50
- Schools – $250
- People’s Choice Award – $100
- Entries closed Friday 1 September at 5pm.
- Delivery of artwork to the Auditorium Kingborough Community Hub on Tuesday 19 September 3pm – 5.30pm or Wednesday 20 September 8am – 12pm
- Winners are announced at the opening of the exhibition 5.30pm – Friday 22 September 2023
- The exhibition is open 10am – 2pm daily, Friday 22 September – Sunday 24 September
- Collection of artwork from Auditorium, Kingborough Community Hub – Sunday 24 September 3-5 pm.
For any information about the exhibition, please contact Council’s Community Development Officer, Arts and Event on 6211 8200.