We want to create a region that looks after the interests of its older members and recognises their needs in a supportive and considerate way. It is important to encourage and promote an active, healthy and engaged lifestyle for seniors in Kingborough.
Do you need some extra help at home?
The Kingborough Volunteer Program assists people aged 65 and over who need basic support services to continue to live in the community with dignity. The program promotes healthy ageing in Kingborough by providing a coordinated volunteer program to assist frail and aged residents of the community who need basic support services to continue to live in the community with dignity. We aim to improve the quality of life for clients by providing volunteer social support, transport assistance, home maintenance, pet support and domestic assistance.
Support services are provided for clients from Monday to Friday between 10am and 4pm.
There is a $7 service fee except for the social support activities.
If you would like a volunteer to come and help you with a variety of activities, please contact the program coordinator on (03) 6211 8200.
View more information about the Kingborough Volunteer Program.
Positive Ageing Strategy
Kingborough Council updated its Positive Ageing Strategy in July 2018. For enquiries regarding the strategy, please contact our Community Development Team on (03) 6211 8200.
Please check the Events Page for upcoming Seniors / Positive Ageing activities: https://www.kingborough.tas.gov.au/community-events/
- Carers Tasmania Inc.
- 64 Burnett Street, North Hobart 7000
- Freecall: 1800 242 636
- Phone: (03) 6231 5507
- Fax: (03) 6236 9236
- Alzheimer’s Australia
- Dementia Friendly Tasmania
- Dementia Friendly Tasmania can be found on Facebook (external link) and contacted via email DFTasmania@gmail.com
- They are currently asking community members to give feedback about dementia and to offer ideas about how they can be more inclusive. A letter and simple survey are below, please return it to them to the locations listed in the letter by 29 January 2021.
- Invitation for feedback (Word)