Kingborough Council has established advisory committees to provide advice and assistance to Council. Each committee records their meetings and minutes are presented at the following council meeting.
Chairperson – Cr Paula Wriedt
The Committee provides advice and assistance to Kingborough Council on access issues, in particular, in the implementation of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and regular evaluation of Council’s Access Action Plan.
- Being a point of consultation on issues regarding Council activities and projects and how they impact on the access needs of the community.
- Identify priorities each year, within the allocated budget to improve access for all in parks, streetscapes, and Council buildings and facilities.
- Raise access concerns related to Council’s roles and functions on behalf of Kingborough Council.
Identifying and advising Council and others of access issues in Kingborough.
- Promote the rights of people with a disability to be treated in a manner that enhances dignity, independence and equality of service to Council.
- Assist in the provision of Disability Awareness Training to Council officers, Committee members and other identified groups where appropriate.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures relating to access.
- Facilitate and oversee regular evaluation of the implementation of Council’s Action Plan.
The Committee meets every two months.
- Building an accessible home in Kingborough – A guide produced by the Committee to building homes that benefit everyone.
- Designing accessible business premises – A guide produced by the Committee to developing commercial premises to suit all customers.
- Creating welcoming and accessible events – A guide produced by the Committee to help event organisers create community activities which are welcoming for all.
Chaired by Cr Flora Fox
The Committee aims to provide advice and assistance to Council on bicycle issues to provide better facilities and improved safety for cyclists and to encourage and promote the use of bicycles in Kingborough for transport and recreation.
Meetings are usually held on a Friday morning on a bi-monthly basis.
Chaired by Wayne Burgess
The forum meets every three months and is an opportunity for representatives from local community groups to meet with and discuss matters of interest with Council staff.
The minutes from the past year are available to view and download.
- General Meeting Agenda, March 2020
- General Meeting Minutes, December 2019
- General Meeting Agenda, September 2019
- Annual General Meeting Agenda, September 2019
- General Meeting Minutes, June 2019
- General Meeting Minutes, March 2019
- General Meeting Minutes, December 2018
- General Meeting Minutes, September 2018
- Annual General Meeting Minutes, September 2018
- General Meeting Minutes, June 2018
- General Meeting Minutes, March 2018
- General Meeting Minutes, December 2017
- General Meeting Minutes, September 2017
- General Meeting Minutes, June 2017
- General Meeting Minutes, March 2017
- General Meeting Minutes, December 2016
- General Meeting Minutes, September 2016
- Annual General Meeting Minutes, June 2016
- General Meeting Minutes, June 2016
Chaired by Deputy Mayor Jo Westwood
The new Kingborough Community Safety Committee aims to encourage and promote community safety through public education, advice and assistance to Council on community safety matters relevant to the Kingborough municipality.
Meetings are usually held on a bi-monthly basis on the last Monday of the month at 10.30am.
The Committee is chaired by Deputy Mayor, Cr Jo Westwood and the following members were appointed by the Council: Neil Broomfield, Brian Dale, Tanya Flakemore, Michael Hughes, Roger McGinniss, Rodney Street and Ross Thomas.
The Committee’s Terms of Reference is available to view and download here