Click here for directions: P231 Bruny Island Main Road, Bruny Island
- 8 am to 3.30 pm, Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only
The site is closed Good Friday and Christmas Day.
There are three large bins provided at the Bruny Island Centre, each for the recycling of cardboard, glass and a co-mingled bin for paper and plastics. Other items which can be left at the site for recycling include car batteries, cooking oil, aluminium cans and engine oil providing it is left in a maximum of 20 litre drums in good condition.
There is no charge for depositing items for recycling only at the site.
General & Green Waste
Large bins are provided at the site for depositing general waste with easy access for customers.
A member of staff will greet customers on arrival to discuss any application fees. The fee for green waste is calculated by cubic metre and must not be greater than 300 mm in diameter.
Green Waste Disposal Weekend
- The waste must be completely free of contaminants including general and hazardous waste, plastic and declared weeds.
- Detection of contaminated green waste may result in disposal fees being applied.
- Assistance on weed identification is available by contacting Council on (03) 6211 8200, Monday to Friday.
- A limit of 5 cubic metres per household applies.
- Private and commercial collection operators will be required to pay standard rates for green waste disposal.
Residents are asked to please to follow directions of site staff and exercise patience as some minor delays may be experienced.
Waste Not Accepted
We do not accept the following items at the Bruny Island Waste and Recycling Centre:
- Controlled (Hazardous) waste
- Household or farm chemicals
- Liquid waste (such as septic sludge)
- Clinical (medical) waste
- Vehicles greater than 12T GVM and/or 5 cubic metres in volume
- Compactor and any skip bins
- Car bodies
- Construction and demolition waste
- Clean fill
|Single garbage bag||$ 7|
|Two garbage bags||$ 10|
|Three garbage bags||$ 14|
|Light vehicles without trailer - three bags 55 litre||$ 14|
|Light vehicles with or without trailer <1m3 load||$ 18|
|Light vehicles with or without trailer 1m3 to 3m3 load||$ 31|
|Light vehicles with or without trailer <3m3 load (5m3 Limit)||$ 40|
|Three garbage bags||$ 10|
|Clean green waste <1m3 load||$ 11|
|Clean green waste 1m3 - 3m3 load||$ 23|
|Clean green waste 3m3 - 5m3 load||$ 27|
|Clean green waste <12t GVM||$ 39|
|Car tyres (each)||$ 10|
|Car tyres on rim||$15|
|Light truck tyres||$20|
|Light truck tyres on rim||$25|
|Gas bottles||No charge|
|Steel (per cubic metre)||$ 6|
|Car bodies (full or half)||Not accepted|