Before erecting, altering, extending, changing the use or demolishing a building we recommend that you speak to our Development Services staff. The building project you are considering may require planning, building, demolition or plumbing approvals.
Our Development Services team can assist you regarding the required approvals for your building project. We have provided some information sheets and application forms below. For more information, fact sheets and resources regarding the Building Regulatory Framework, visit the Department of Justice website.
Notice from the Tasmania Fire Service – Assessments of performance-based fire engineering designs
The following information is provided by TasFire Department’s Chief Officer to Building Practitioners regarding Performance Solutions under the National Construction Code of Australia:
The Tasmania Fire Service (TFS) will not be providing assessments of performance-based fire engineering designs until further notice, therefore if this assessment is required they will need to be undertaken by another licensed Fire Engineer or by using another approved assessment method within the code. TFS will continue to carry out the appropriate assessments of all Schedule 1 items against the ‘deemed to satisfy’ provisions of the National Construction Code’ in the interests of public and firefighter safety. It is the responsibility of the Building Surveyor to be satisfied that all of the performance requirements have been met prior to issuing a Certificate of Likely Compliance under the Building Act 2016.
Please contact TasFire on ph 1800 000 699 with enquiries regarding this matter.
- Building Near Power Lines – Your responsibilities as a land owner / occupier
- Checklist before using the Directors Determination of Categories of Building/Demolition Work
- Directors Determination – Categories of Plumbing Work
- Directors Determination – Categories of Building and Demolition Work
- Asbestos – Facts v Myths
- Asbestos Surveyor
- Essential Building Services Information Sheet
Building forms (effective 1 August 2017)
- Application for: Building Permit – Certificate of Likely Compliance – Notice of Work – Form 2
- Application for: Demolition Permit – Certificate of Likely Compliance – Notice of Work – Form 1
- Application for: Occupancy Permit – Form 4
- Application for: Certificate of Substantial Compliance – Form 8
- Application for: Permit of Substantial Compliance – Form 9
- Certificate of Responsible Designer & TasWater Certification – Form 35
- Notice of Intention to Install Heating Appliance – Form 53
- Heating Appliance Installation Compliance Certificate – Form 54
- Certificate of Qualified Person – Assessable Item – Form 55
- Application for: Building Certificate – Form 57
- Start Work Notification and Authorisation – Building Work – Form 39
- Start Work Notification and Authorisation – Demolition Work – Form 73
- Standard of Work Certificate – Building Work – 71A
- Standard of Work Certificate – Demolition Work – 76C
- Application for: Extension of Duration of Building Permit – Form 76A
- Application for: Extension of Duration of Demolition Permit – Form 76C
- Request for Building Amendment
- Notification of Low Risk Work (Building or Plumbing) – Form 80