Extension to Building Permits
During the COVID-19 pandemic, building work has been disrupted or delayed across the state, with some owners unable to complete work before their building permit expires. A Notice under the COVID-19 Disease (Emergency Provisions) Act 2020 has been issued to extend existing permits.
For more information visit our Extension to Building Permits page.
Before erecting, altering, extending, changing the use or demolishing a building we recommend that you speak to our Development Services staff. The building project you are considering may require planning, building, demolition or plumbing approvals.
Our Development Services team can assist you regarding the required approvals for your building project. We have provided some information sheets and application forms below. For more information, fact sheets and resources regarding the Building Regulatory Framework, visit the Consumer, Building and Occupational Services website.
Building for Bushfire
Information on building in Bushfire Prone Areas is available by visiting the Tasmanian Fire Service website.
- Occupancy of buildings
- Building a Deck
- Rules regarding bushfire shelters
- Pool and Spa safety
- Asbestos – Facts v Myths
- Asbestos Surveyor
- Building a shed in Tasmania
- Building Notice and Building Order Information Sheet
- Building Near Power Lines – Your responsibilities as a land owner / occupier
- Checklist before using the Directors Determination of Categories of Building/Demolition Work
- Directors Determination – Categories of Building and Demolition Work
- Directors Determination – Categories of Plumbing Work
- Maintenance of Safety Features of Commercial Buildings
- Expired Permits Fact Sheet – Consumer, Building and Occupational Services
- Temporary Occupancy
- Engaging a New Building Surveyor – Customer Guideline
Building forms (effective 1 August 2017)
- Application for: Building Permit – Certificate of Likely Compliance – Notice of Work – Form 2
- Application for: Demolition Permit – Certificate of Likely Compliance – Notice of Work – Form 1
- Application for: Permit of Substantial Compliance – Form 9
- Notice of Intention to Install Heating Appliance – Form 53
- Heating Appliance Installation Compliance Certificate – Form 54
- Application for: Building Certificate – Form 57
- Application for: Extension of Duration of Building Permit – Form 76A
- Application for: Extension of Duration of Demolition Permit – Form 76C
- Request for Building Amendment
- Notification of Low Risk Work (Building or Plumbing) – Form 80